Monday, January 2, 2012

Where are you going to be?

While catching up on a couple of blogs this morning, I came across this quote  

"Time is inevitably going to pass and one year from today, you can find yourself in the exact same spot you're in now, you can find yourself further away from your goal or you can find yourself closer to your goal - so where do you want to be a year from now?"

on Karen Russell's blog. It summed up pretty much how I have been feeling over the past year. With my girls growing up and being at school for longer periods of time each day, I have found myself yearning and craving something to pour myself into. I have gone around in circles and still haven't yet been able to decide finally what that something is. A whole year has passed and I am still no closer to determining where I want to be and how I am going to get there.

Added to this I haven't been in a great place emotionally. 2011 has been a year where I have made new friends, renewed a friendship from my school days and realised that people I thought were my friends in fact were not. It has been a lonely year, one filled with great emotional turmoil and uncertainty all while trying to keep a brave face for my family.

Every year I choose one word that will be my word for the year and this year my word found me. 
This year I will choose to 
BELIEVE in myself,
BELIEVE I can do whatever I set my mind to,
BELIEVE that I will find my something,
BELIEVE that I will get my groove back,
BELIEVE that my true friends have my back,
BELIEVE that I can be the best ME there is.
BELIEVE that I can exercise more and eat less

Here's to a great year!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful word, and looking forward to see whatever projects you do soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was so wondering where you have been. 2011 not a particularly great year for me either. happy new year to you and may it be a blessed one:)

    ReplyDelete